Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Camden Man Rides again!

No more training wheels!

Mr. C has really taken to the scooter he was given for his 5th birthday. This mode of transportation has worked well at freaking mommytron out during walks when he took off down the hills near the busy street. Well, the bike hasn't gotten much use....until now! The other day, Camden was pit riding his bike and I thought, hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I took the training wheels off? Camden thought it was a fabulous idea as he a;ways wants to be a big kid...so I took them off. I got him on his bike, gave him a push, and off he went! It must be a combination of my excellent parenting skills, superb coaching and the fact that I have raised a perfect child...;) j/k Actually, I had heard that if a kid could learn to balance on a scooter (which is easier because it is closer to the ground) that it is the same balance required to ride a bike and it makes it easier. He went on a fun bike ride with the daddytron later that week. The only thing to work on? Getting on and off the bike-watch the excellent dismount in the video :)



The video (don't worry, it's short ):

No comments: