Friday, July 11, 2008

Thoughtful prayer

Camden has never been one to look forward to his evening prayers. He often even simply says, thank you for everything in order to shorten it. But last night, he said the sweetest prayer, and I had to share. He said that he was thankful that I was nice to him (came as a shock to me ;), he blessed daddy to be safe (since he knew he had to travel around a lot to go to all of his appointments), and then he said he was thankful that I had found a good summer school for Parker, one that made Parker happy. How thoughtful to think about the best thing for his brother, and recognize it.

I wish that I was as quick to remember the simple things to be thankful for. As I laid in bed last night, thinking about all of the simple things that I had been blessed with, I was overwhelemed with gratitude for the simple things that I take for granted...(in no particular order)

I'm thankful my husband has a job-one he even enjoys!
I'm thankful my kids have such great opportunities for education
I'm thankful that my kids are happy
I'm thankful that I am able to take care of my children
I'm thankful for my home and community (We really do love it here in Cary!)
I'm thankful for the abundance of friends I have-especially after moving to NC!
I'm thankful for 3 sisters and a brother-who still all keep in contact with me and how much fun we have when we spend time together
I'm thankful for 2 parents who both love me and want the best for me and raised me to be a good person
I'm thankful that I love my inlaws ;) And that they are so supportive and wonderful-I gained a second set of parents!
I am thankful to have children to remind me of the wonder and simpleness of everything around me-who remind me to look for simple joys and to enjoy them
I'm thankful to be a mom-to allow me to have these small moments...between the craziness of life!

There is so much more I am thankful for...but alas, I must pick up Parker from his afformentioned summer school...

No comments: