Well...our RS president is moving to Australia, so our entire preisidency was released from our callings and many of us got new ones.
So what is my new calling?...I am the new nursery leader for the ward. I know, what?!?!?! So I will go from planning activities that about 40 ladies show up for, to planning Sunday for 30-40 little 1,2 and 3 year olds. Yes, it is a large nursery! There are currently 3 nurseries, soon to be 4-which will be split between 3 classrooms. So, really, I am like the CEO of nursery :) I went today to check it out, and found I will have to get used to the little ones again...but I'm sure that it is like riding a bike :)
So, there is my exciting news for the week! If you need me on Sunday, you'll know where I am! No more talking in the halls during Sunday school... If any of you have great ideas for nursery-let me know! Luckily, the nursery leader that I am replacing did a fabulous job of getting it organized and running smoothly, so hopefully I can try to take her place! Wish me luck!
Fourth of July 250
1 month ago

4 comments:
That's awesome! Good luck with all the kiddos.
Wow! Fun for you! Actually, if you have good kids it's a fun calling. Now Tyler on the other hand, doesn't quite have "fun" with his class. But what a nice change for you. I hope you like it. I'm sure you'll do an excellent job! So Betty is off to Australia. Wow!
After this, do you think you'd even consider wanting little kids again? :) Just kidding. You're going to do a great job.
Hey - what fun. I spent almost 6 months in nursery during Sunday school as Ains was tooo active for sunday school, but not old enought for nursery. We have a small enough nursery as long the parent is there, the child can go in. I had a blast, but I didn't have to plan anything. Our nursery leaders do a lot of different things, so the kids are interested all the time. They do balloons about once a month, every so often bring bouncy balls, and do play doh (which I think is a crazy adventure, but they do). Ours is smaller, but we have 10-15 kids most of the time. I've just noticed since they started doing these different activities the kids really get into it.
Karee
Post a Comment