Monday, March 23, 2009

My so-called suburban life :)

Well, I am now just about as much of a suburban mom as I can think of. I drive a minivan (which I was NEVER going to do...), and I have even totally "mommed" my ride with an awesome dent on one side of the bumper and a scrape on the other from exiting my garage. (If you haven't seen this clip yet, it's pretty funny: click here)

I even helped out for the PTA a couple of weeks ago and collected items for and put together this awesome silent auction basket from Camden's class for the big pizza/bingo/fundraiser night at the school.


But why the post today? Well, this weekend I officially became a soccer mom as Camden played in his first soccer game. Now, luckily, there are so many kids around here, that he is playing in a league that practices and plays at the same field each week (and the field is literally 3 minutes from our house) So lest you think I would be driving said child around in said minivan to multiple soccer fields, well, I'm just not that dedicated yet ;)

Camden was quite a good little soccer player! He isn't really aggressive, instead hanging back a bit and trying to go where he thinks the ball is going to be, and then grabbing it as it pops out from the pack or stealing it from the other team as they advance. He'll make a good striker or defender as he gets older (if he wants to keep playing soccer.) The best part for him is that he gets to run fast, which is his favorite thing to do. His team was much better and more organized then the other team and they won 7-1 (although, really, there's no one keeping score :) He has a great coach-his youngest daughter is on the team and he has been coaching for years. He does a great job of keeping the kids spread out and really encouraging them. I'm really glad that Camden is on this team :)
Here are some fun pictures from Saturday as he played his first game as a Renegade:

3 comments:

bladenfamily said...

I can't wait to be a soccer mom! I already have the van, now I just need to wait a few years. Looks fun!

Katie said...

Whoa, that second photo is intense!! :)

Carol said...

What fun pictures! We are thinking of taking a quick trip to NC in April, so I would love to come and see a match.