For Camden's 8th birthday, I let him choose any birthday party he wanted (within reason, of course.) Camden decided that he wanted a LEGO party at the LEGO store. So, of course, I spent a few hours the night before making his "cake" which was actually dyed sugar cookies with icing dots on them.
I know, it's awesome, don't all comment on my amazing Martha Stewart skills at once :) hahaha
So, the LEGO party was fun...they started out playing some of the new LEGO games, and then just had a free for all. At the end, they got to fill a little cardboard box with LEGOS from the wall and make their own LEGO dude. I'll admit, I didn't really get the hype, but the boys seemed to love it.
After the party, we went over to this little "living room" area at the mall and opened presents and ate the cookie cake.
So, the party was a bit before his birthday...so ON his birthday, we had Camden's favorite dinner, spaghetti, and then I made a big chocolate chip cookie cake at Camden's request.
He got some fun presents, one of them being his grandparents arriving that day!
He also got a bigger bike, and he was so excited to ride it that the next day, he was out riding in his new pajamas in the rain ;)
Since his birthday was on a Tuesday, he got to start cub scouts that night! He looked so cute in his little cub scout shirt and kerchief!
My dad went with him and helped the boys learn to sew :) They made a bean bag and then played games with them:
My little boy is eight! It was a crazy couple of weeks with his party, his real birthday, scouts, family coming into town and his baptism! So, up next in blog posts is the baptism-how fun!

1 comment:
Oh my goodness! That picture of him on his bike looks totally like you in old home videos!!! I can't believe how much he looks like you in that picture!!! By the way, your lego cake would have kicked mine's butt if I were to make one. Mine would be just a 9X13 cake with big circles made out of icing on it or something! :) I'm so not creative.
Post a Comment