Camden gets about 3 weeks off 4 times a year on year round school. His January trackout is right after Christmas, giving us 5 weeks to spend together. We have had lots of fun! We've gone to Marbles children's museum, the NC museum of life and science, saw a movie, went ice skating, went out to lunch, had fun playdates, put puzzles together, went to the park, played with all the new Christmas toys, and he got to tag along as I grocery shopped super doubles ;), went to the gym a few times and played some tennis matches. But, the break is wrapping up, and he will be heading back to school! (Thank goodness-because I need to get some housework done!) here are some pics of our adventures:
Man, I love this kid! I hope that I'm not one of those moms that goes, "Oh my, he graduated from HS in a blink of an eye, where did the time go?" I try to enjoy the moments I have with him, so that when he is all grown up, I'll have my scrapbooks to remind me of what fun we had! :)
Oh, and if you ever want to do something very entertaining, rent Rocky III and watch it with a 7 year old boy!
Fourth of July 250
2 months ago

6 comments:
Fun pictures! Are you still loving your camera?
I LOVE that last picture of him- he is so handsome! And your hair is getting so long- you're so pretty and such a fun mom!
PS- loving the blog background
That last picture of him makes him look so old! I can't believe that you are a mom to a 7 almost 8 year old!! What a blast. I used to think when I was younger, what do you do with your kids during the summer when they're off after school's over? Now I don't know what I'm going to do when the time comes that the boys are gone to school!
So to get the blurry background you want your aperture as low as it will go, and then get as close as you can to your subject with a lot of room in the background. (They can't be up against the wall.) With my 18-55 mm lens, mine will go as low as 3.5 or 4 depending on the light. BUT, for Christmas this year I asked for a new lens. I got a 50mm prime lens (you can't turn it to zoom) with an aperture of 1.8. I love it. The background is SO blurry. THat is my favorite...So might I recommend that as your next lens? I promise you won't be disappointed. And it is quite affordable. Seriously, call me if you have a question. I'm just learning too, but I've had my camera for a few more months than you so I've worked out a few things! Are you shooting in manual or what mode? And, can you send me your address please? Thank you. Sorry this is so long.
Camden is a mini Paul! How cute. I love looking at your blog-- and you're becoming quite the photograhper! Yeah!
Post a Comment