This was probably the most photographed Christmas ever! Between my and my sister in-law's new camera, we definitely weren't lacking in photos! I don't have her pics yet, but I got some nice ones :) With some of my christmas money, I bought myself a Nikpn SB-400 flash (you can use it as a bounce flash to illuminate the room without that "flash" look in low light) and LOVE it!!! Actually, I tried to order it online, and they said it was backordered and talked me into a really not so great flash, and I was so disappointed, and then Paul somehow found it and picked it up on Christmas eve for me as a surprise! How sweet! It was such a great surprise-I was so excited! So here are some of the best pics from Christmas:
Here is Camden's gingerbread house-he made this pretty much by himself:
We made sugar cookies and gingerbread men on Christmas eve. We invited Parker's aide and her son over to join in the festivities. All the boys also made hand cookies-which were a tradition growing up-Parker really liked his :)
And then came Christmas morning! Camden was very excited to find a Razor sparks DX scooter from Santa in front of the tree! This scooter has light up wheels and you can make it spark-very cool. He was also very excited to fly the remote control plane he got from his Grandmommy and Granddaddy. Parker enjoyed many new books and a few toys, but especially liked the foam sword from Santa in his stocking.
Christmas afternoon, we headed to Winston-Salem for a family Christmas dinner. Katie had the brilliant idea of having an ugly Christmas sweater party for some rockin' family pictures.
and....HAPPY HOLLIDAYS FROM THE HAINESES FAMILY's:
(I can thank my awesome faces and poses to practicing with my sisters)
Besides awesome pictures, we had a really good Christmas dinner. Katie and I made a buche de noel for desert using Francois Payard's recipe. This all came from an episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay." So I can thank my brother Scot for this idea...but although it took 2 days to make, it really was quite exquisite.
We even roasted chestnuts to try:
But, of course, the most fun was spending time with family. Grandma was in heaven with all her grandsons:
It was a really fun Christmas all around. I missed my family, but will hopefully see them soon! For more pictures, I'll be uploading them to facebook later tonight! Hope you all had a merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!
Fourth of July 250
1 month ago

2 comments:
Very cute pictures! You'll be a pro in no time! Send me your favorite tips. I am just learning as well.
Awh, that looks like fun time. The bouche de noel is cool, you should leave a pic of it on Allrecipes somewhere.
Post a Comment