Camden got to celebrate his birthday twice! Once on his actual birthday, then the next Friday for his birthday party...oh wait...and a 3rd time when he got his grandmommy's birthday card! hee hee...Anyways, he was VERY excited this year, expecially for his party! For his actual birthday, I got him a cookie cake (cuz it's what he really really wanted) and some chicken nuggets from Mickey D's.
Then he opened a few presents from us. He especially liked his new pokemon action figures.
Now on Friday, the real fun began. He really wanted a webkinz themed birthday party and wanted each guest to go home with a webkin as his party favor-so he was only allowed to invite 3 friends. He ended up picking his best friend from church, his best friend from school, and his best friend from he neighborhood. They all got along really well...except at the dinner table when they all declared that they were sitting next to or across from their best friend ;) His cousin, Clark, also came up from Winston-Salem to join in the fun. This was actually a really fun theme because there is so much to do with it! If your child has a webkinz, this party will totally make sense to you. If not, well, you can just pretend :)
We started with each child spinning the wheel of wow (echo echo echo) upon their arrival. They then grabbed their bag and went to the game room to play games.
Unfortunately, the game room didn't work that well because the kids would totally lose focus when the next guest arrived, so I don't think anyone actually finished a game! I had blown up a bunch of balloons, and they went to the family room for zingoz pop. Whoever popped all of their colored balloons first won. Now, I worked hard to blow up the balloons, but apparently I didn't blow them up quite enough for the little guys, they were super hard to pop! It was funny to watch the kids bouncing around on them. They then went outside for a gem hunt (gems wrapped loosely in aluminum foil "rocks." ) They went to the "Dead man playground" mine and the "spooky under deck" mine to find their gems. They then opened the rocks and used their gems to create their very own crown of wonder.
We came in for som webkinz bingo, had dinner, and then went out to play candy bash (a pinata.) I've actually never seen a pinata actually work correctly-it always breaks, or crashes to the floor or all the candy comes out at once...but this one was perfect! Everyone got several turns and the candy and prizes came out a little bit at a time.
After that, we then went in for cake and presents.
They then traded in their kinz cash that they won playing games for little prizes and they headed home! The cake was a wishing well cake, that actually turned out pretty cute (except when the roof of the well caught on fire while I was carrying the cake over to Camden!)
The party actually went really well and I know that Camden had a great time. The presents were even varied and all of them were really cool!
So one more party down! I'm voting for a theme park like Disney World for next year-I actually think it requires less work ;)
Fourth of July 250
2 months ago

2 comments:
Oh man, my kids are going to hate me cause I'll probably never be that creative!!! So the cake caught on fire??? Where's the picture of that? :)
I can't believe how big Camden is now!! I remember babysitting him when he was just a little baby.
I've never heard of webkinz before... I'm sure i better study up on that in the next few years!
Looks like a great party!
-ashley(albright)gould
Post a Comment