Saturday, October 11, 2008

The NC Zoo

Camden and I made our first trip to the North Carolina zoo last week. My friend, Rachel, called me and asked if I'd like to go to the zoo for free, we were like, "Sure!" Camden has been tracked out and she has the membership. It is about an our and a half away, but the drive is always more fun when you are driving with another adult :) It is a beautiful zoo! Large habitats, shady walkways...very nice. It was also great weather, but there is a lot of walking, so I could see why people complain in the hot summer months :) We had a really fun time, although we had to leave to get home in time for Parker and her oldest son coming home on the school bus! We made sure to stop at Sonic during happy hour for our half price limeades! Thanks, Rachel for a fun day!
My little zoo animal :)
Getting ready to fly his helicopter over the rhinocerous herd-that was his favorite animal of the day.
Hatching out of an egg-there were lots of fun kid things to do! We will definitely have to make a trip back.
The alligators-always a crowd fav.
The big turtle. My friend's son, Aaron, had on bright orange crocs and the turtle kept following him-so we got up close and personal with the turtle!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow, an hour and a half! I'm glad you're keeping busy! September flew by for us too. I just realized I'd better start getting ready for this baby in some degree since I'm only 7 weeks away! Not much more time.