Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yep, that's me! Still not too old to try new tricks :)

I had a very fantastic Friday! :) I got to go out on my friend's boat and learn how to water ski!!! The weather was absolutely fabulous and the water was nice and calm. It took me 3 times to get up, and a 4th time to actually get going! The first try, I told her to "hit it" and when she gunned the engine, I was just not prepared and got water up my nose and totally biffed it. The second time, I prevented the water up my nose, but still didn't go anywhere. The 3rd time, I got up, but leaned back too far and flipped myself back...but the fourth time...I was money!!! I had a HUGE smile on my face the whole time-it was really cool!

It was SOOO fun! She ended up sinkng me by going too slow over some bumps, and I wasn't sure what to do and just let go. Not only was it fun, but I got a good workout! We also had a picnic on the water, and I went tubing with her kids (also a good work out!).
It was fun to have a mini vacation for the day while the kids were at school! It was also quite the pick me up since I had been feeling a bit down...I did feel a bit guilty that Paul was off working hard, and I was on the lake...but he'll be going white water rafting next month with his coworkers, so it all evens out :) Hopefully we'll be able to get the whole family out one day-I'm sure Camden would love tubing, Parker would love speeding along on the water, and Paul has never been able to "pop up" while water skiing because the water has always been choppy-so he deserves a try! Here's to living less then 30 minutes from a lake! Ahh, I just love it here!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

sweet tami! I just learned how to wakeboard this week, it was a blast! I didn't get any cool pictures though, we forgot the camera :( good form though, you are pro!

Carol said...

Congratulations Tami! Lookin' good out there. Glad you are having fun!

Tiffany said...

Awesome! I've got to say, I like wakeboarding a lot. You'd probably be great at it since water skiing wasn't too hard for you!

brody&karee said...

Looks like a blast, and as usual, you do it so much better than anyone else on their first try (I remember wanting to hate you for that with snow skiing). Sometimes I feel guilty when I get a nap and I know Brody has gotten up earlier than me. I totally understand being down - who knew being a mom & wife would be so dang hard. I decided today it doesn't matter whether i'm barely busy, or so busy I can barely breathe I still seem to get the necessary done, always feel stressed, and never have the house clean - for the good and bad of it. We need to have another phone date - I love to look at your blog and see what's going on in your life, but it often makes me miss you. I was telling a friend who I went to the park with today about some of our adventures together our freshman year - life wouldn't have been near as much fun without you to do it with!!

Karee