Sunday, March 21, 2010

My trip to SoCal

OK, so I went to L.A. at the beginning of February, and am a bit behind on the blogging...but here are some highlights from my trip!

After a crazy morning, I hopped a flight to L.A. by myself!!! After I landed, Shana and I went to In N Out burgers and then headed over to Venice beach. We had fun walking around and taking pictures, and then went to pick up mom and dad at the airport:



We went out for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, which had a fabulous view of this harbor: Again, had to play with my new camera!

We then drove down to anaheim and stayed the night so we could take mom on her first trip to DisneyLAND. Now, mom is a pro at Disneyworld, but we had fun exploring disney and California adventure:


We headed back to L.A. Funny story: it rained the entire day at Disney, so we were a bit soggy and cold, so thought it would be great to head to mom and dads hotel and hang out in the hot tub. Well, it was outdoors, but it was steaming, so we thought t would still be cool, despite the drizzle outside. So, my sister jumps in and says, "Don't come in, it's cold!" So, what do I do? I jumped in! And it was lukewarm! Well, I didn't have a towel with me (thinking they would be near the hot tub) and we couldn't get out till my parents brought a towel! So we went from being cold and wet to...well....cold and wet! ANYWAYS...we went home and got a good night's sleep to prepare for the whole reason I flew out in the first place!

On Saturday, my sister went through the temple. It was so great to get to be there with her! Since she moved out of my parent's home, she has always visited me (I suppose since I was always the one with the little kids...) So it was so great to get to fly cross country to be there with her! We had a wonderful time and then rounded out the evening with a trip to PF Changs for dinner.



After we got home, I realized that I was leaving the net day and hadn't really seen any of L.A.! So at 11pm, my sister took me to Yogurtland and then on a great drive! We saw WeHO (West Hollywood for all you not in on the lingo...), Hollywood (including all the cool stars and hand and shoe prints), Beverly Hills, downtown LA and even drove up Mullholland drive and saw Studio City down the other side! It was sooo much fun, even thought getting home at 1:3o am did not help with my jetlag upon returning home!

The next morning, we went out to a cool crepe place for breakfast and went to Santa Monica pier. We took a drive up to part of Malibu, and then it was time to hop a flight home!






It was a crazy whirlwind trip and was great, but I do not know how people travel cross country regularly! It took my a couple of days just to recover from my trip-but it was totally worth it!!!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I've never heard of Hollywoof! :) It looks like you had a great time! Great pics!

Tami said...

Fixed the typo...thanks Tiffany.

bladenfamily said...

Your pictures are looking great. What a fun trip. I totally believe moms need to get away now and then. I bet you had such a fun time. You ate at all my favorite places, how could you not?

Noelle said...

I love your pictures, Tami, and I'm so glad that you had so much fun. It's what I loved about growing up in L.A.!