Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Santa

The boys have been very good this year and know that there will be some fun presents under the tree! The YMCA had Santa come this year-so we went for the low key event instead of the mall. Definitely a good choice! Parker didn't freak out, and there were lots of fun stations: Christmas cards for the soldiers (Which Camden wrote as Soljers), Ornament making, letter writing, nativity sticker picture making and Santa.

Here's Camden writing a letter to Santa-he even got a reply!


Camden went and told Santa what he wanted, and I even convinced Parker to sit on his lap! This is only the second time ever that I've gotten a picture with neither boy screaming! I got one 4 years ago, and one has cried every time since then. So, YAY me :)

I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Christmas season! We are pretty mellow here. I had about half of my shopping done before the Christmas season and finished up by the first of the month. We got all of our decorations out Thanksgiving weekend and have pretty much taken it easy. It makes for a much more enjoyable holiday :) I'll be making up friend/neighbor gifts soon which I think are simply going to be some "non beer" beer bread mix with a can of sprite (to make the non-beer beer bread)-if any of you have gone to a Tastefully Simple party and gotten the beer bread, I'm making the copycat mix for it :)

Well, sorry for the slow blogging-with a mellow holiday season, why would that be? Well, between needing a root canal, having the heater break, being sick, then having Parker sick, practicing with the ward choir (playing organ accompaniment on a couple of pieces) and all the other fun stuff that comes with life...it's always an adventure! If you read the blog and haven't gotten a Christmas card, send me your address (although a couple are still on the way....)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 comment:

Kim Hutchens said...

Hey! I never got a Christmas card! Busted! Hope you guys had a great Christmas. I'm still wondering how you got both boys to even sit on Santa's lap, let alone not cry.